- 01392 690500
The page for people already using the apps - login information, instructions, help
MusicFirst online classroom users should go here
The instructions below refer to the logging on method via the MusicFirst Application Cloud (MFAC). If you haven't received instructions or need more advice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We're happy to add student lists for you.
Logging on (stand-alone - not MusicFirst Online Classroom)
You'll need the domain name we sent you, together with your username and password. Please note that these are both case sensitive.
Can't log on?
Check these details (99% of login problems are caused by one of these two issues):
- Have you got the correct URL (web address)? The address must begin with https (not http). The 's' stands for 'secure'. There's no 'www.' in the URL. You can leave out the https:// entirely if you're typing it in. Even so, if you're a school teacher please ensure IT has set up a link so that students don't have to type in the URL. If users type in the wrong address the browser may remember the wrong URL and logging in will fail.
- Is your username and password correct? Remember that the MusicFirst login is case sensitive. If you miss out the required capital letter or lower case letter logging on won't succeed.
If you've checked the URL and the username and password and still can't log on, you can email us at email@example.com
If you're an administrator or teacher/administrator you'll see the School Tools button at the top of your home screen. The School Tools button is where you go to add teachers, students, etc.
Why do I see this at the top right of Focus on Sound?
Instead of this?
The reason is screen size. We have a smaller version of the screen for iPads, etc.
Here are the reasons you might see the cut-down version on a computer screen:
- You are using a very old monitor (1024 pixels width). This monitor size still works well but to save screen space you need to press the down arrow to get to the other buttons.
- You have reduced the width of the window you are using. Maximize the window.
- You are using a projector with a low resolution. Speak to your IT department. The software will still work though, using the down arrow.
Unblocking our sites:
If you experience problems accessing our material you may need to unblock our sites for students in your school. We suggest emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Unblocking won't be necessary at home, and generally won't be essential for teachers on school premises. If you're experiencing problems with student logins, ask your IT person to unblock the following:
(For Australia/New Zealand please change server1 to server2)
You may also need to unblock the special domain we have set up for you - something like:
https://myschool.musicfirst.com (or .co.uk, .com.au, .co.nz, etc.)
The software also has optional embedded YouTube videos. If you want to use these you'd need to ensure YouTube is unblocked from the computers you're using. We often find that teachers are able to use these but students aren't.
Adding teachers to classes
IMPORTANT - In the old stand-alone version of Focus on Sound, all teachers could see the results of all classes. That's slightly different now. Here are the relevant permissions:
Administrators (set up by us) - View all class results
Teachers (set up by administrators) - View classes they have been assigned to by the administrators
Here is how you attach teachers to classes:
Lost password (students)
You'll need to ask your teacher, who can either tell you the password or reset it for you. Teachers - to reset a student password, find the student's name in the list of students (using the search function). Click on the pencil edit button. Click change 'password'.
Where to find student results
Results are found on the main app page, not on the admin pages. If you're using the stand-alone software, you may need to log in via the User tab if your name doesn't appear at the top right.
The quickest way to see results for an individual lesson is to use the button shown below. You'll find it at the beginning of a lesson.
There are four places in the main results table where results are found:
- Instruments - Tests (randomised 20 questions)
- Instruments - Extras (fixed, variable question number)
- Sound Words - Tests (randomised 20 questions)
- Sound Words - Extras (fixed, variable question number)
If students are doing one of our 'lessons', the best place to find the results is under the Start Lesson button (see above).
(or via in app Help)