- 01392 690500 (sales only)
Our new login in screen:
To get there, just go to: https://portal.focusonsound.com
From November 2020, this will be our default login screen for everybody.
Make sure you choose very carefully. Most schools still use the third option, the MusicFirst system.
Option 1: Google Classroom. Only use this if you're absolutely certain your music teacher has set up your class to use Google Classroom for Focus on Sound. You'll need your Google Classroom login.
Option 2: Microsoft Teams. Only use this if you're absolutely certain your music teacher has set up your class to use Microsoft Teams for Focus on Sound. You'll need your Microsoft Teams school login.
Option 3: Signing in with MusicFirst
Most users will use this.
Teachers please note. To access admin, you'll need to use the standard MusicFirst login system. See Accessing Focus on Sound via the old MusicFirst method below.
- The school ID is the part of the school URL (web address) your music teacher was given. So if the previous login was stjameshigh.musicfirst.co.uk the school ID is stjameshigh.
- The username is the username you have been given by your teacher. It might be the normal username you use in school or it might be a special one for Focus on Sound.
- The password is the one you have been given by the music teacher. It might be one you use elsewhere in school or it might be a special one you have been given by the music teacher for Focus on Sound.
MusicFirst Classroom/Rhinegold Education Online Music Classroom
If you're sure you're set up for the special MusicFirst Classroom or Rhinegold Education Online Music Classroom you should go here
Accessing Focus on Sound via the old MusicFirst method.
You need the domain name we sent to the music teacher (e.g. stjameshigh.musicfirst.co.uk), together with your username and password. Please note that the password is case sensitive.
Safari users - if you possibly can, please change to Chrome. You'll find that audio and video load much more quickly.
Can't log on?
Check these details (99% of login problems are caused by one of these issues):
Have you got the correct URL (web address)?
Here are some typical UK addresses:
If you are typing into the address bar because your school hasn't given you a link, you don't need to type the https:// bit.
We generally use the standard web address of the school, unless there are lots of schools with the same name.
IPad, iPhone and Android users can use the software in a browser - or go here for info on logging on to our apps.
If it just says 'Login' at the top, you have the wrong URL (web address).
If you're sure you have entered the correct URL and you are in a school, the school may be blocking one of the access sites.
The URL must include your school name (often abbreviated)
Please don't add 'www.' in the URL. It won't work if you do.
Ideally, never type a URL.
Your school should set up a link for you to follow. Or at least keep the link in your favourites.
Passwords are case sensitive.
Here's a summary of what you need to remember:
- If you're a UK user and the web address you are using includes 'musicfirstappcloud', you have the wrong address. It must end with musicfirst.co.uk with the school domain name you have been given in front, e.g. myschool.musicfirst.co.uk. Check the details we gave you.
- There's no 'www.' in the URL
- The address will look something like this: https://myschool.musicfirst.co.uk or if you have to type, enter e.g. myschool.musicfirst.co.uk
- You can leave out the https:// entirely if you're typing it in. But ideally, never type it in (see below). Teacher/admins can log on direct from the email we sent.
- International users have their own separate suffix,depending on the country, e.g. .com
- Is your username and password correct?
- The MusicFirst password is case sensitive. If you miss out any required capital letter or lower case letter, you can't log on.
- For users of iPads, iPhones and Android devices, there are now apps on the App Store and Play Store. You will be asked for your school ID. See this page for instructions. You can also use the browser - we recommend Chrome.
- If you're a school teacher please ensure IT has set up a link so that students don't have to type in the URL. If users type in the wrong address the browser may remember the wrong URL and logging in will fail.
If you've checked the URL and the username and password and still can't log on, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost password (students)
You'll need to ask your teacher, who can either tell you the password or reset it for you. Teachers - to reset a student password, find the student's name in the list of students (using the search function). Click on the pencil edit button. Click change 'password'.